Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Country Music & a Quick Update

Hey guys, so I know its been a while.. but I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately, trying to handle all my schoolwork, preparing for college applications, extracurricular activities, car troubles, family issues, and three jobs on top of that. I'm going to try to keep this blog updated though, at least once a week. Have I ever mentioned my great love for country music? I love just about every genre of music, but there's just something about country that really gets me. Whether its the natural sounding instruments, the story behind the song, or just the fun performances singers give, country music is just, well, awesome.
A couple of my favorite songs right now are "Alone With You" by Jake Owen,  "I Don't Want this Night to End" by Luke Bryan, "Banjo" by Rascal Flatts, and "Wanted" by Hunter Hayes. I actually like the first and the last song so much that I learned how to play them on guitar and piano (covers, anyone?). The way Alone with You is sung is just so raw and emotional, I love it. I recently watched the CMA Country Music Festival, where Hunter Hayes performed Wanted and Rascal Flatts performed Banjo, and I have to say I was truly inspired by their performances. I'll post links at the bottom.
What kinds of music do you guys like to listen to? Do you like country? If so, what are some of your favorite songs/ artists?
Happy listening!

-Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment