Friday, February 27, 2015

Caramel Macchiatos (and Other Items of Importance)


Those who know me know my great affinity for coffee. Hot coffee, iced coffee, coffee coolatas, frappacinos-when it comes to caffeine, I am not picky. Down the street from my university, there's at least three Dunkin Donuts' and three Starbucks (I am especially grateful that a Starbucks drive thru was finally put in), so you could say I've had plenty of opportunities to sample different beverages. One drink I was especially tempted to try was Starbucks' infamous caramel macchiatos. 
I will admit that before trying this beverage, I though caramel macchiatos were overrated, and just a kind of coffee people ordered either because the name sounded cool or because they thought they were fancy for ordering it. I fell under the latter category, because how else was I supposed to become a stereotypical Starbucks customer without ordering the fanciest drink on the menu?
So off I went to deem myself worthy of the "Starbucks customer" name. I walked right up to the barista, and placed my order for a grande hot caramel macchiato. You can only imagine the anticipation I felt right up to taking my first step. Was in good enough to be so hyped up? Or was it simply overrated? After taking a few steps I decided....
That caramel macchiatos, are in fact, delicious. The warmness (if you order it hot) spreads throughout your body, with the caramel being prominent without being too over powerful. What I especially love about caramel macchiatos is that since it's espresso, it actually gives me enough energy to get through the day. It definitely requires an acquired test, just like regular coffee does, but I absolutely love it. It's now become one of my go to drinks whenever I go to Starbucks (which is quite frequently).
I guess the lesson here is that you shouldn't be quick to judge something just because you think it might be overrated. Chances are, its overrated for a reason, and you shouldn't count it out until you give it a try. You don't always have to go by what other people say or think; trust your own judgement. 
I hope you enjoy this post and try something new!
Happy reading,

Ashley 


No comments:

Post a Comment