Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Perks of Being a New Englander


See this? This is currently the view from my bedroom window. As I sit here typing this post, thousands of snowflakes are quickly turning the northeast into a winter wonderland. This is the biggest snowstorm I've ever witnessed (and historically the biggest snowstorm since 1978) with 27+ inches of snow piling up in my yard. Classes were thankfully canceled, meaning I could spend my day forever procrastinating on all the work I have to do (let's be serious here).
Even though the winter months are freezing, the weather is almost never stable, and we can't annunciate our "R's" I wouldn't trade living in New England for anything (well, except maybe for Disneyworld, because who wouldn't). I love living in an area with so much history and so much pride. It's the home of a multitude of great schools, including Ivy Leagues Harvard, Yale, and Brown university. It's also home to actors Adam Sandler, Mindy Khaling, Amy Poehler, and Mark Whalberg (to name a few). Boston is one of my favorite places to explore, whether it's attending a Red Sox game at Fenway Park tasting a variety of foods from Faneuil Hall, or just walking down the streets of the city. So as I look out the window at what some people are calling the snowpocalypse, I can't help but take in the beauty of it all. 
So to all you New Englanders who wish you were somewhere sunny and warm, I'm with ya. But don't forget to appreciate all of the great things New England has to offer.
Happy reading,

Ashley 


No comments:

Post a Comment